Unboxing the Femme Fatale Emporium Box: May 2018 Occult

Femme Fatale is an Australian online store that carries a range of indie makeup, perfume, bath and body products, wax melts and nail polish from a variety of small companies.


Their Emporium Box is released every two months and costs AUD$43.18 for Australians. It is expensive but this does include shipping from all brands. Every box contains a range of vegan perfume, makeup and bath and body products from Australian and international brands. This is not limited to just brands sold at Femme Fatale. In addition to the beauty products, you also get some lollies and business cards in the box which usually have a few discount codes for the various brands featured.

I was so incredibly excited for this months box after seeing what the theme would be! I love the whole witchy, occult aesthetic so I knew this would be perfect for me. Here's what was in the Occult box.




Ginger & Waldo
1oz Lotion- Belladonna

I've never heard of this brand before but I will definitely be checking them out now! This lotion has become my new favourite (sorry Lush Dream Cream!) It's just such a good moisturiser. It sinks in quickly, doesn't feel greasy and leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth. The notes are orange, rose, carnation, patchouli and vanilla but I've found that the scent isn't super strong. I'm not really a fan of highly scented moisturisers so I actually like that about it.


Apocalyptic Beauty
Setting Spray- Bell, Book & Candle

I love Apocalyptic Beauty and have been wanting to try more from them so I'm happy to get this setting spray! I haven't used it enough to say whether it makes my makeup last longer but it makes me feel refreshed after I use it. I also really like the scent which is sage and chamomile. 


Corvus Cosmetics
Eyeshadow Mini- Hecate

I've been wanting to try Corvus Cosmetics for a while now, the brand was even listed on my Brands I Want to Try in 2018 post. This colour is smoky gray-brown with a strong violet shift and is incredibly beautiful. I found it a bit hard to work with but I eventually managed to blend it all together. It's not a very beginner friendly shade but it looks really good if you're willing to put the effort in.


Wild Hybrid
Perfume Oil Sample- Oujia
$2.40
You also get a discount code for 20% off at their etsy shop


I adore this perfume. I want to bathe in it, it smells so good! The notes are aged patchouli, oakmoss absolute, clove bud, white amber, champaca, lilac blossom, spanish moss, polished wood and bourbon vanilla. I really love patchouli scents and this one is just perfect for me. If only I could get this in a larger size!


Glamour Doll Eyes
Hydra Glaze Lip Gloss- Planchette

I'm really glad that glossy lips are becoming trendy again as I've recently gotten into lip gloss. I always used to hate it but now I love the look and feel. This one is a pastel cotton candy colour with red iridescent but honestly it goes on so sheer you don't get any colour on your lips, just gloss and a slight sparkle. It's quite a thick gloss and has a heavy butter cream scent. I really like this as an every day, subtle lip colour and the small tube is perfect for tossing in my backpack.


Darling Girl Cosmetics
Eyeshadow Mini- Witching Hour

I really like Darling Girl shadows and this one is no exception. This is a midnight blue with silvery green sheen and copper sparkles and is so pretty! I haven't used it much yet but I plan on incorporating it into a few looks.


Femme Fatale Cosmetics
Blush- Witchy Woman

This blush is so fricking pretty, I just love it! The colour is described as a cool toned pink with a hint of a purplish undertone, and a soft red glow that shifts to gold. It's quite intense and pigmented so it's easy to go overboard with this one but luckily it's easy to blend out.



Swatches top to bottom:
Hecate
Witching Hour
Witchy Woman
Planchette


I'm so happy with this months box! Like I said earlier, I love the witchy, occult aesthetics so everything was right up my alley. The colours are very me, I love the scents, it's all just perfect. This month's box had a good variety of different types of products which I appreciate. 


An Update on the Last Emporium Box

I thought that this new segment would be both interesting and useful! This is basically a throw back to the last box so you can find out more. I found that when I read reviews for subscription boxes (my own included) most of them focus on first impressions so you don't really get the full scope of the products. But now I've had two months to use them (or not!) so I can give an update on my thoughts.

To be honest, I haven't gotten a lot of use from a fair few of the products from the Unicorn Box. I'm a little over the unicorn aesthetic that a lot of makeup companies seem to be obsessed with lately so it does make sense in a way. I did like the Obsurcus Coven Whip and I completely used it up. The brand has not yet released the Coven Whips for purchase so I haven't been able to buy another but I did buy their Eclipse Cleanser and Mask for oily skin which I adore. I also love the Hello Waffle highlighter in The Mane Event. I've worn it a few times since getting it in the box. I haven't used the perfumes or the eye shadows. I like them but I just have been using other products over them.

Comments

Popular Posts