Indie & Niche Brands I Want To Try in 2018!

This is going to be incredibly long so I'll jump in with little introduction. Here is a list of all the makeup brands I'd like to try in 2018!

All brands mentioned are cruelty free with vegan options.



Devinah Cosmetics
Interested in: Eye Shadows and Highlighters
This brand I will definitely be trying this year as I have already placed an order! I ordered a few pressed mattes, two pressed pigments and a highlighter. I will post a review as soon as I get my package!


Dawn Eyes Cosmetics
Interested in: Premium duo chrome shadows
I've heard really good things about this brand and their duo chromes look absolutely stunning! However, I cannot stand their website. It's difficult to navigate and I can barely read anything. I'd love to try the brand but I probably will put off in doing so until they improve their website.


Crow and Pebble
Interested in: Loose Shadows
I'm not entirely sure why but this brand really appeals to me. I guess I like the simplicity and the general aesthetic of the brand. I also really enjoy the eye swatches on the website, it really makes it clear to what the different shadows will look like. I've heard good things and I can't wait to try them for myself.



Sydney Grace Co
Interested in: Matte pressed shadows
I can't believe I haven't tried this brand already! Everyone raves about them and says they have one of the best eye shadow formulas! The swatches on their Instagram look absolutely gorgeous. I've put so many things from them in cart and deleted them, I just need to get on it!



Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
Interested in: Cosmetic Colour Pencils, Lip Tars and Loose Colour Concentrates
OCC was huge in the makeup community for a while and I always wanted to try them but never got around to it. I feel like they're not as big as what they used to be but that doesn't matter to me. They're also 100% vegan which obviously excites me!


Dose Of Colours
Interested in: Cold Shoulder, Extra Saucy, Lava Cake,
This brands lip products look absolutely amazing. There's a fair amount of colours I'd like to try. I'm always looking for new liquid lipstick formulas and colours to try and I've heard a lot of good things about this brand.


Coloured Raine
Interested in: Matte Liquid Lipstick in Ivy and Blue Dragon
Again heard such good things about the Coloured Raine lipsticks! I actually planned on getting their Queen of Hearts eye shadow palette as I loved the colours but unfortunately just one of the shadows contains carmine! I was so disappointed to see that. Regardless, I would love to try their liquid lipsticks, especially their crazier colours like the matte green and metallic blue.



Beauty Bar Baby
Interested in: Highlighters and Liquid Lipsticks
I haven't heard much about this brand but everything I do hear is very positive! I really love the designs of their highlighters and their liquid lipsticks look amazing.


Geek Chic Cosmetics
Interested in: Clementine Will Remember eye shadow, Krampus eye shadow, Antici...pation lipstick
Not going to lie, I mainly want these products because of the names. The colours are all beautiful and are all shades I would wear a lot but I'm definitely more interested in them because of the fandom tie ins. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of brands using fandoms like this but I don't care that much.


Meow Cosmetics
Interested in: Powder Foundation and Concealer
All makeup brands need to take note! Meow Cosmetics has won with their foundation range. They have over 80 shades and different choices of coverage and undertones. While the shades are named after cats, they make it pretty easy to navigate the different shades and everything is clearly labelled.  I really wish more brands would use this method for foundation rather than just ten shades with no clear undertone with names like porcelain, beige, tan and mahogany. I just need to bite the bullet and order some samples!

Corvus Cosmetics
Interested in: Pressed and Loose Shadows
I first heard of this brand when I saw they used to have a Futurama inspired collection. It's been discontinued which is really disappointing as Futurama is probably my favourite cartoon of all time. I would have bought multiple shades from that collection in a heart beat. But unfortunately its gone. I browsed around with that they did have and some of the other colours really spoke to me.


Bonus: Sugar Pill Pressed Shadows
I love Sugar Pill. They're one of my favourite indie/niche brands but I have never tried their pressed shadows. I'm planning on getting their new mini Pro Palette with some pressed shadows. I'm not sure what colours I'm going to choose though as most of the ones I'm really interested in like Love+ contain carmine and aren't vegan. But there are many vegan shades that look beautiful as well.



Of course there are so many other brands I'd love to try but here are the few I plan on trying out this year! I have decided to go on a no buy throughout April so I will have to wait a month before placing any orders. In the meantime, I'm planning on starting a brand review series called Focus On Indie so stay tuned for that!


Comments

Popular Posts