The Bad Beauty Tag


This tag was started by Raven Makeup & Reviews and Dolly Mama Beauty and as soon as I saw it on Raven's channel, I knew I had to do it. Today we will be discussing the bad side of beauty. I do think it's important to discuss both the good and bad sides of anything and makeup is no exception. So let's get a little negative!

1. What is the worst product you’ve ever used?
Nude By Nature Liquid Mineral Foundation.
I can't begin to describe my hatred for this foundation. It was cakey and greasy and was so uncomfortable. It never applied well, no matter if I wore a primer, no primer if I applied using a brush, a sponge or my fingers. It also never lasted longer than 2 hours because it would come off with just a hint of sweat or oil. If I touch my face even just the slightest bit, it would completely come off. I paid $40 for it and I used half the bottle trying to get my moneys worth but I just had to give up on it. 2. What is the first sign that a product is going to be Bad?
If an eyeshadow is dry and stiff, I'm probably not going to like it. I love soft and creamy eyeshadows so I can usually tell when I'm not going to like a formula if I see it in person. But unfortunately I do most of my shopping online so I can't tell until after I buy it.
3. What brand puts out the worst products in your opinion?
I honestly cannot stand Too Faced eyeshadows.
They are just the worst, Before I was vegan (and before they were bought by Estee Lauder), I bought the original Chocolate Bar and the Natural Eyes and I hated them. I just trying so hard to like them since they were so expensive but I just hate their formula. How did so many people rave about these palettes?! They were extremely stiff and dry. Most of the shades looked exactly the same when on the eye and they required so much building and blending to look halfway decent. But the biggest deal breaker for me was that they only lasted about 4 hours before they faded and creased and looked like a damn mess. I work from 10am to 8.30pm most days in a hot ass kitchen constantly running around so I'm aware I put my makeup through hell. But Too Faced eyeshadows are the only expensive eyeshadows I've owned that looked that horrible in a short amount of time. I own 98 single shadows and 11 palettes from over 25 different brands (mainly indie) and all of them last through a days work with little fading. Even my cheap ass BYS Berries palette that cost like $14 dollars. Pray tell why my $78 Chocolate Bar palette couldn't last even 4 hours? I constantly see less than stellar reviews of TF palettes so I have interest in ever buying them again even if they were vegan and cruelty free.
4. Would you rather have eye shadow that won’t blend or foundation that won’t match you not matter what you do?
I think I'd rather have foundation that doesn't match as much as it hurts my heart. I love eyeshadow so much I don't think I'd want to sacrifice that. I think you could disguise foundation that doesn't match a bit like you can lightening it a bit with powder or darken it with bronzer.
5. What is the worst perfume smell ever in your opinion?
I haven't had much luck with oceanic perfumes. I only have a few oceanic perfumes but I don't really like them so far. I'm not a bit floral person either. I don't mind floral notes mixed in with other scents but straight up floral usually gives me a head ache. Also I really hate cherry but more on that later.
6. If you had a friend who’s makeup looked Bad, would you tell them?
Probably, I'm not going to lie. I'd be really nice about it and maybe like give some tips on how to fix it. I think my friend would want me to tell her, we're brutally honest with each other.

7. Have you ever purchased makeup you knew was Bad i.e. fake makeup/rip off makeup and tried to pass it off as Good?
No, I've always been really against fake makeup. I always thought the risks really outweighed the cheap prices especially since you have no idea what's in the ingredients.
I don't really like most rip off brands either because I feel like a lot of them take away from the artistry of the original brand. But I feel like there are worst things a brand could do so I don't really care.
8. What makeup smells do you think are Bad?
I'm not super sensitive to smells in makeup so I usually don't mind most scents. But I fucking hate cherry scented anything. It always smells super medicinal to me and I can't stand it. I don't even like cherry flavoured lollies (or candy). So if something has a cherry scent I immediately cross it off my wish list. I also really don't like anything that smells super chemical-y but I think that bothers almost everyone.
9. Is there any product that has a smell so Bad you can’t use it?
Not really. I do have a Sugar Pill liquid lipstick in the shade U4ea that smells really strongly. It's a good scent, I do like it but I don't use it as often as I thought I would because it smells so strong. You can really taste the scent too so I just don't wear it very much.
10. Have you ever bought a foundation that you knew would be Bad for your skin type? Then continued to use it or tried to make it work even though it looked Bad?
I haven't bought one I knew would be bad because I always want to get something that works for me. That doesn't always happen though. Like with the Nude By Nature foundation. I did try to make it work for weeks since it was so expensive. But I ultimately gave up because it looked so horrible.
11. What colour do you think looks Bad on you?
I'm fine with most colours on my eyes, I can honestly say that I like the way most eyeshadows look but I'm super picky with lip colours. I don't like most pinks and nudes, they just look too soft or just blank out my lips. I hate oranges and corals, I'm far too cool toned for that. Most browns look like I've just smeared dirt on my lips although some look really nice. I'm not sure why I can pull off all of these colours on my eyes but not my lips but here we are.
12. What type of makeup item looks Bad on everyone?
Honestly, I don't think anything ultimately looks bad on everyone? I have plenty of things I don't personally like but I can see it still looks good or why other people like it.

Comments

  1. So glad you did this tag! And thank you for the shoutout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts