Products I Want Beauty Brands To Release!


#spoileralert most of this list is just me whining about things not being vegan so sorry, not sorry.

I got the idea for this post from nisipisa and Angelica Nyqvist. You can click on their names to go see the videos they made. Basically I'm going to talk about the products I would like to see various brands to release. Here we go!


Anastasia Beverly Hills
Single Pan Highlighters/Custom Palettes

I'm actually really shocked that they haven't jumped on this yet! Nisipisa covered this in her video so I won't go too in depth here. But seriously ABH, can you just release single versions of the highlighters in your glow kits. In almost every glow kit, there's one or two shades that just will not work for me. And you get a shit ton of product in those huge pans, I don't want the shades I can't use to go to waste! It would be amazing if they would let us buy separate pans and even a custom 4-pan palette to put them in. My ultimate glow kit would be a mashup of the Sun Dipped and Sugar kits. I'd take Marshmallow & Gum Drop from Sugar and Summer & Moonstone from Sun Dipped. Although I don't even know if these shades are vegan, so either way I'm sad.

Besame
Vegan Lipsticks

Besame, I'm literally begging you. Please release some vegan lipsticks! I want to try your classic reds and have pretty vintage cases on my vanity! Please!
I understand why Besame use beeswax in their lipsticks. They're a vintage brand and they want their colours and formulas to be as accurate to the past as possible. But I hear such good things about their lipsticks and the colours look as beautiful, all the gorgeous reds are just perfect for me! If they would release a separate vegan line with the same colours for their vegan customers, I will buy every single one. That is a promise! It may take me some time since I am a broke 20 year old but I will buy them all if it's the last thing I do!

Edit: Since first writing this Besame has announced that they are releasing a line of vegan lipsticks and I'm a little disappointed. It's three sheer lipsticks and none of the colours really appeal to me. I might try the shade Berry Red but the others just don't speak to me. Sorry Besame, I'm breaking the promise I just made!


Apocalyptic Beauty
Eye Shadow Palette

Apocalyptic Beauty is probably my favourite indie brand. Their eye shadow formula is one of the best I've tried and they have so many unique shades that don't cost an arm and a leg. I'd absolutely love for them to come out with an eye shadow palette with an interesting colour story. I'm not going to say 'I want a palette with this colour and this colour' because anything they come up with would be a million times better than anything I could dream up! I really do hope that this is something they'll wprk on soon because I definitely think they could make an interesting, unique palette that would be right up my alley. Apocalyptic Beauty is also 100% vegan so I don't have to worry about loving the colours but not being able to buy it because of the ingredients.


Fenty Beauty
More Glosses

Please! Please, I want more glosses! I bought the Universal Lip Luminiser and it's become one of my favourite lip gloss formulas and I want more colours please! I really liked the gloss trios they came out with but a few weren't vegan and now I'm pretty sure it's limited edition. I'd love to see them add more colours to the permanent line BUT with the same packaging as the limited edition trios. Sorry Fenty but the regular Gloss Bomb packaging takes up way too much space in my lip gloss drawer. I'd much prefer it to be longer and slimmer than short and bulky.


Colourpop
More Eyeliners

I'm not the first to say this but Colourpop have lost their colour! I understand the direction they're going in though. More and more people are buying from them and the mass majority of makeup users like neutrals and 'wearable' colours. I personally love makeup that most would consider 'unwearable' and that's what drew me into Colourpop in the first place. I loved that they offered cheap, colourful products. But now they've discontinued heaps of their bolder colours to make way for neutrals to appeal to the average makeup wearer. Which is a smart business move but sucks for us who love colour. The Creme Gel Pencil Liners are hands down my favourite liner formula for my waterline and I really want them to come back with some bold colours and expand the range.


Colourpop
Coloured Mascara

Colourpop would be absolutely perfect for everything I want in a coloured mascara. The only brands I know of that have a decent range of coloured mascaras is Nyx and Urban Decay. I don't buy from either of those brands since they're owned by L'oreal and also Urban Decay is pretty expensive. But I feel like Colourpop could pull off a good range of colourful mascaras. I want three things basically; 1) decent range of shades aka blues, greens, purples, reds. Brights, pastels and darks, 2) cheap! I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for something that I won't be using every single day 3) less product. I don't want to buy a huge amount of product of something that will go bad quickly and again, won't use every single day. Colourpop could tick all of those boxes honestly. I'm honestly a little surprised they've come out with foundation, concealer and setting powder before coloured mascaras but I guess this is their new direction.


Duochrome/Interesting Blushes

I never used to be a huge fan of blush. I had two that I would rotate between. Because just how different can blush look when it's sheered out on your cheeks? Not that different. But I do not care because I notice a difference! Now my collection has jumped to ten and is slowly growing. My current favourites are Recluse and Rosetint My World from Apocalyptic Beauty. They're just so unique and give such a beautiful and interesting glow. I'd like to try some from Hello Waffle Cosmetics and My Pretty Zombie as well. I'd really like to see more unique colours and more duochromes. Some brands are already making some beautiful ones but who cares? No big deal. I want more!


Fleetwood Mac Collection

I'm a big fan of themed collections and I would adore to have a collection inspired by my favourite band. I know Notoriously Morbid had one a few years ago but I missed it! I don't really care what brand releases one (obviously it must be cruelty free and vegan!), I just need one! I'm actually considering ordering a few custom glosses from Shiro Cosmetics and just naming them myself, I'm that desperate!


Big Beauty Brands In General
Vegan Eyeshadow Palettes

I feel like buying vegan eye shadows is quite difficult with the mainstream brands. There's some out there but the majority of the big brands use carmine in almost all their eye shadow palettes. I'd really like to see brands like Anastasia, TheBalm and Fenty come out with more vegan palettes, Anastasia especially. I love the colour scheme of the Modern Renaissance, Subculture and Prism but unfortunately, they all contain carmine. But in saying that, I want GOOD vegan palettes. TheBalm did release a vegan palette, Meet Matte Ador, and honestly it was so bad! It was super powdery and patchy when I swatched it on store so I passed on it immediately. I also hated that it was their first vegan palette that was marketed heavily as a vegan palette but is called Meet Matte Ador (aka Matador, aka bull fighters). I wanted to support TheBalm and show that there was a demand for vegan products but I couldn't bring myself to buy a palette that glorifies bull fighting. I'll be discussing carmine in products more in depth in a later post, so keep an eye out for that!


BB Creams

'But BB creams already exist!' I hear you cry. Yes but I'm not after any ordinary BB cream, thank you very much. As an oily acne goblin, I would like a BB cream that caters to my skin type, comes in a decent shade range and is vegan. I've never tried a BB cream that I've liked. I've tried one from Garnier before I was vegan; the colour was too dark and yellow and it pilled up on my skin when I tried to apply it. I tried one from Dirty Hippy Cosmetics; it was straight up grey on me and felt thick and greasy. So basically, I just want to find one that works for me but it's been slow going.





Comments

Popular Posts