February 2018: Monthly Favourites

Hello and welcome to my blog! I thought I would kick things off by doing a good old monthly favourites post for February 2018. I've decided to only allow myself to pick 5 products so I can only feature the best of the best. Not all of these products were released this month or even this year but these are all products I have been using through out the month and have been loving. Plus maybe a few extra non-makeup related things! Now let's get into it!

Every product mentioned is not tested on animals and vegan!

The Body Shop Matte Clay Skin Clarifying Foundation
Shade: Peruvian Lily 010

This is a quite recent purchase for me but I have been wearing this foundation for 2 weeks. I have combination/oily skin so finding a foundation that can last throughout the day without looking like an oil slick is a must for me. I really love the feel of the product. It's very weightless and dries down to feel like nothing on the skin. But it lasts all day and really evens out my skin and covers up most of my blemishes without looking cakey! I also love the colour Peruvian Lily, it matches my skin almost perfectly. My biggest downside is that there really isn't a huge shade range. If you are on the darker side of the spectrum you probably couldn't find a match for you. This obviously disappoints me and I hope that cosmetics companies will expand their shade ranges and become more diverse.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Moon Child Glow Kit

I feel extremely late to the party on this one! Although I did buy Moon Child last year, it has become a staple in my makeup routine this month. My favourite shades are Lucky Clover and Purple Horseshoe and I just love the effect it gives to my more unusual makeup looks. One of my goals for this year is to leave behind more neutral looks and welcome some colour into my life! This Glow Kit really helps to tie in a colourful eye look to the rest of my makeup once applied to the cheeks. One thing I do love about Moon Child is how versatile it can be. You can go from your typical blinding intense highlight to a soft almost natural glow.


Eye Of Horus Nile Dual Brow Perfect
Shade: Dark Brown
Now I'm not big on eyebrows. I've never done much with them apart from pluck stray hairs and fill them in to give a more defined look. And this does just that. But my favourite part of the duo is the gel. It really makes my brows look full and lush.


My Pretty Zombie Loose Shadow
Shade: Infirmity

Where to begin with this eye shadow!? Goddamn it is beautiful! It's a gorgeous dark teal with golden green glitter. It's incredibly easy to work with surprisingly. Very easy to blend and quite pigmented. The swatch above is over bare skin. No primer, no Pixie Epoxy, no moisturiser. When applied over Pixie Epoxy, the golden green glitter just dials up all the way to eleven but its still beautiful without it. I've incorporated this shade into a few looks this month and it's always turned out beautifully. I highly recommend My Pretty Zombie eye shadows.


Apocalyptic Beauty Loose Blush
Shade: Rose Tint My World
I really wasn't expecting to love this blush so much! I came across Apocalyptic Beauty on Etsy randomly and when I saw they had a Rocky Horror collection, I knew I had to try a few things. (More on Rocky Horror in just a bit!) This blush is a plummy rose shade with a blue duochrome and it just gives such a beautiful glow! It has revived my love for shimmery blushes. I find that loose blushes can go on a little patchy but this one blends out beautifully.




Bonus! Favourite Soundtrack
Rocky Horror Picture Show

Ever since watching The Rocky Horror Show live back in January I haven't stopped listening to this soundtrack! It's so weird and wonderful and I just can't get enough! I'm no music critic so I'm finding it hard to explain myself but all I can say is if you haven't watched Rocky Horror, stop reading this right now and watch it. I promise you it will be worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts