The Makeup Mess Tag!

I wasn't tagged to do this but life's too short to wait to be tagged! Here is my Makeup Mess tag!

1) How often do you wash your makeup brushes/sponges?
Every week! I don't have many brushes so I wash them fairly often to keep colours from mixing! Just the other day I forgot to wash my brush after using a bright blue shadow so I ended up highlighting my brow bone with it after I used the same brush in a matte cream. I also don't like the thought of using dirty brushes.

2) How do you organize your makeup collection?

I currently have my collection in two Ettica cubes. I organise them by type, for example all my base products in one drawer, my eyeliners in one drawer, etc. My collection of loose shadows take up two drawers and I have them all organised by colour! I keep my palettes in a letter holder which gives me easy access to them.

3) Do you put your makeup products away after you are done using them, or leave them out for tomorrow?
I try my hardest to put things away once I'm done with it. It's easier for me now because I have very little space to spread out on my vanity so things tend to get back in their homes. Before buying my second Ettica cube I would have a constant mess of products all over my vanity that I hadn't put away!

4) Loose or pressed powders?
Both! I actually find myself using loose powders more and more. While they are a lot messier, I just love how pigmented and glittery they are! Loose eye shadows also tend to come in the most unique shades so I like those better.

5) Do you ever fall asleep without taking your makeup off?
Literally never! My skin is super temperamental so even just one night of sleeping in my makeup leads to breakouts for the next week! I can't even skip my skin care routine without my skin throwing a fit.

6) What makeup “rules” do you like to break?
I actually plan on writing a blog post all about this! Stay tuned!

7) Will you use a product even if it is cracked or broken?
Yes and maybe. A single blush? Hell yeah. A palette? Maybe not. If it's a fairly easy fix and the colours aren't mixed together, I will definitely keep using it! I cracked my Mary Lou Maniser and it shattered but I continued to use it.

8) Do you wait to pan a product completely before you replace it?
Depends on the product. I have a few holy grail products that I will always repurchase and don't want to be without, such as my foundation and setting powder. Those I will buy back ups for before I actually run out of the original. But for other things, I would just pan it completely before deciding to replace it.

9) How do you feel about sharing makeup?
Depends on the product again. Mascara and eyeliner is a no. Cheek products and eye shadow is a yes. I'm okay with sharing lipstick but I would probably try and sanitise it afterwards.

10) How do you feel about buying or trading used makeup?
Not into it at all! I've sold makeup before but would never buy used. I'd rather buy something I know hasn't been touched.

11) How often do you declutter makeup?

I'm pretty much always going through my collection and decluttering! I don't sit and have a massive declutter session and toss like half of my collection at a time but I do declutter one or two products at a time quite regularly.

12) Do you use your fingers to apply makeup?
No, I hate the feeling of product on my fingers. I do use my fingers for eye shadows sometimes if I want a more intense look but I wouldn't use my fingers for foundation, for example.


13) What products, if any, do you horde in your purse/bag/backpack etc?

I actually only have a few makeup products in my bag. I tend not to want to touch up my makeup during the day I typically have a lip balm, a pressed powder, a concealer, a perfume and my lip colour of the day.

14) What is your least favorite step in your makeup routine?
I don't really have one? If I didn't like something, I just wouldn't do it.
15) What is your worst makeup memory?
Any time in high school when I wore unblended black eye shadow! But my latest was when I dropped my Autumn Flower eye shadow from Notoriously Morbid all over my bed. It's such a pretty shade and I lost half of the container! I'm reminded of the horror every time I change my bed sheets and see the stain.

Comments

Popular Posts