Unboxing: Flora & Fauna Autumn Beauty Box 2018



If you don't know Flora and Fauna, they are an Australian online store that sells an incredible amount of products. Absolutely everything is cruelty free and vegan and they focus on brands that are natural, ethical and environmentally friendly. They have a wide range of makeup, skincare, supplements and vitamins clothing, hand bags, dental care products, snacks and treats, fragrances, feminine hygiene products, hair care, reusable plastic free products and much, much more!

I've been placing orders with them for almost two years and they are a site I trust and will always come back to. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Their beauty boxes come out quarterly with the beginning of each season and includes products that are appropriate for that season. The box costs $34.95 each which does not include shipping but shipping is free if you spend over $50. It is a little pricey for a subscription box but you do get over $70 worth of products so it is a good deal. Each box contains makeup, skin care and body products in a mix of full and trial sizes. Now enough chatter and let's unbox it!



(All prices are AUD)



Itha Organic Lip Gloss in Sugar Plum
$18.95
This lip gloss is the only makeup item in the box and honestly I'm a little underwhelmed. It's a nice gloss but the texture is strange, it feels almost gritty like there's sugar in it. The colour also seems a little dated to me, it reminds me of a shade that my mother's friends all wear. But I do like it and will continue to wear it for just a quick wash of colour.



Black Chicken Remedies Love Your Face Serum
From $16.95
Black Chicken Remedies Hydrate My Face
From $13.95
So far I love almost everything I've tried from Black Chicken! I've never actually bought any thing from them outright it's always been from Flora and Fauna boxes! I'm definitely not complaining, in fact keep it coming! I've used the serum a few times mixed with my usual moisturiser and it makes my skin feel amazing! I would love to have a full size and incorporate it into my routine but this serum costs $79 for a 30ml bottle and at this point in my life I don't think I can justify the price. I will try and make this little bottle last as long as possible and maybe I'll buy a full size if they have a sale or by using my F&F points. I also really like the hydrating toner as well. I feel like a lot of toners don't do much for me but I would consider adding this one to my skin care routine. It seemed to actually add moisture back into my skin.



Beanopini Lupini Beans
$9.50
Sorry to say I really didn't like these. Won't dwell on it too much but I personally didn't like the taste or the texture but I think I a lot of people will disagree. They seem like they would make a great snack for on the go for people who like that kind of thing.


Green + Kind Activated Charcoal Soap
$9.95
I’ve never tried a solid face cleanser before but I’ve always wondered if t would work for me. It’s taken me a while to perfect my skin care routine to suit my combination and acne prone skin so I’m a little hesitant to add in new products that may mess it up. I am really excited to try this out though especially since it’s for oily skin. The idea of a solid facial cleanser does appeal to me since solid bars last longer and produce less waste.



Eco. Aroma Sleep Blend Roller Ball
$16.50
I’m so excited to get this essential oil in the box! I love Eco. Aroma oils, I have a whole collection of them that I use in my oil diffuser. I do already own the Sleep blend but my bottle doesn’t have a roller ball so this one will definitely come in handy for applying the oil to my pulse points.


Aussie Bronzer Instant Self Tan
$34.95 for 125ml
This self tanner does actually look really good. I’ve never self tanned before, mainly because I’m afraid of it! I feel like I would mess it up and end up looking orange. But I’m keen to give this a go since the instructions seem very beginner friendly.


Zk'in Certified Organic Skin Care
From $19.95

Similar to the facial cleanser, I am a little hesitant to incorporate new skin care into my routine, but I will definitely use these. I am excited to try the exfoliator since I'm not a big believer in anti ageing skincare. 



Overall, I think Flora and Fauna Beauty Boxes are well worth it. If you can order one, I highly recommend it. It would definitely appeal to people who are new to vegan, natural beauty and to those who are looking to try new brands and products. Each box contains a variety of different brands and products. I personally do not see myself buying every single box ever released but I will continue to get them over the next year or two to build up my collection of products. If you think this is something that would appeal to you, I will definitely recommend you trying it for yourself.



Comments

Popular Posts