Forgotten and Unloved: The Products I Haven't Worn


I'm calling myself out.

I love makeup. I love buying it and trying out new products and looks. Unfortunately many products do not become immediate favourites. Many of you will know what I'm talking about. You pick it up and buy it in store or order it online. Then once it's home you swatch it and go 'ooh pretty!'. Then it's confined to a drawer where it will live out its days forgotten and unloved.

This is for all those products who never got a real chance.

I went through my makeup drawers and pulled out every product that I have never used. Many of them have been swatched but never used in a makeup look. There were many more than the list I'm about to show you. Over the next few months I'm going to make it my mission to use these products and really make the most out of my collection.


  1. Nabla Cosmetics Creme Shadow in Morning Glory
  2. Nabla Cosmetics Dazzle Liners in Cruel Jewel and Purity
  3. Necromancy Cosmetica Lipstick in Lydia
  4. The Lip Bar Lipstick in 100 Proof
  5. Kat Von D Basket Case Anti Precision Liner
  6. Black Moon Cosmetics Moon Topper in Luna
  7. TheBalm Mr Write Now Liner in Wayne B Olive
  8. Darling Girl Cosmetics In Living Colour Cream Base in Fluff
  9. Fyrinnae Loose Shadow in Mermaid Masquerade
  10. Sugar Venom Loose Shadow in Curie


In a few months, I will write a follow up post with reviews (if I wore the product) or reasons for decluttering (if I didn't wear it). I honestly love having lots of makeup and will never want a minimalist collection but I don't like having products that I don't use.

If you follow my blog, you know I do your typical monthly favourites post but lately I've been thinking of changing it to a monthly recap in beauty. This would still include favourites but also empties if I have them, anything I've bought that month and a shop my stash section. I like the idea of this a lot more than just a monthly 'I like this and I like this.' It will help me keep track of what I'm using and what is coming into my collection so hopefully I won't have to do a Forgotten and Unloved: Volume Two!



Comments

Popular Posts