Unboxing: My First Femme Fatale Emporium Box!


Femme Fatale is an Australian online store that carries a range of indie makeup, perfume, bath and body products, wax melts and nail polish from a variety of small companies.


Their Emporium Box is released every two months and costs AUD$43.18 for Australians. It is expensive but this does include shipping from all brands. Every box contains a range of vegan perfume, makeup and bath and body products from Australian and international brands. This is not limited to just brands sold at Femme Fatale. In addition to the beauty products, you also get some lollies and business cards in the box which usually have a few discount codes for the various brands featured.

I have never bought an Emporium Box before so I am really excited to get into this! Each box does have a loose theme and this one is Unicorn. Each product you get is exclusive and cannot be purchased any where else.  Here's what was inside.



The Chequered Lily Apothecary
Eye Shadow Mini in Cosmic Unicorn
$6.99
You also receive a a discount code for 20% off your next order at their etsy shop

First up we have an eye shadow from The Chequered Lily Apothecary which is a soft teal with blue undertones with gold and colour shifting pink-blue-violet and red-violet-gold shimmer.
As described, it's quite a soft shade and isn't super in your face but that doesn't mean it's not pigmented. You can find swatches of this shade later on in this post. I haven't had a chance to wear this shadow yet but it does look beautiful. The Chequered Lily Apothecary is a brand that I have heard of but I have never actually checked them out. I do really like the looks of a lot of their eye shadows though!



Darling Girl Cosmetics
Balm Gloss Sample in It's So Fluffy!
$3.78
You also receive a discount code for 15% off your next order at shopdarlinggirl.com

Now usually I'm not a lip gloss fan but this formula might change my mind. It actually reminds me a lot of the NYX Intense Butter Glosses. (which I no longer buy due to the fact that NYX is owned by L'oreal.) It's quite thick and very pigmented and looks just beautiful. It's a very comfortable formula as well. The colour is described as sheer berry pink with blue sheen and red-pink-gold sparkle which is pretty accurate except it seems more purple. The sparkle or glitter is very apparent which I actually really like. The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging. It's in one of those clam shell containers which honestly are only good for normal wax lipstick formulas. As soon as I opened it, I got lip gloss all over the outside of the container and my hand so it's pretty messy. I'm not sure what they could have put it in instead but I personally just do not like clam shells. I have tried two Darling Girl products before and I do enjoy them.



Twisted Wonderland
Perfume Oil 1ml sample in Kiss Of  A Unicorn
$3.78

I have always wanted to try Twisted Wonderland. I love their whole aesthetic and brand identity. The notes are early morning dew, sweet vanilla, wild grown lilacs, fluffy marshmallows and luscious grape. The lilac and grape are most prominent on me and I really like it. It's very sweet and feminine. My only problem is that these perfume samples are quite small and are also exclusive to the box. So if you like the perfume, you really don't get to wear it for very long before its gone. I guess that's the price you pay but it would be nice if you could get a bigger sample or even be able to purchase it again later.


Brija Cosmetics
Eye Shadow Mini in My Spirit Animal
$5.25
You also receive a discount code for 20% off your next order at brijacosmetics.com

Brija is a brand I've heard of but I've never checked out their site or their products or anything. This shade is described as a cranberry purple with blue, orange and green shimmers which is fairly accurate. It's a rather unique colour is my opinion and while I have some other shadows in a similar colour family, none of them come close to this. I absolutely love the colour, I've worn it a few times for a one shadow look and just adore it. 
Top swatch is Cosmic Unicorn. Bottom swatch is My Spirit Animal. Done over bare skin, no primer or glitter glue.


Obscurus
Coven Whip Sample in The Fabled Horse
$4.00


A brand I've never heard of! Obscurus is a new small Australian company that I'm pretty sure is 100% vegan! This brand currently carries face masks, body scrubs and facial elixirs and it looks like they'll be coming out with their Coven Whips soon! The scent is described as soft, sticky spun sugar combined with blackberries and raspberries, creamy vanilla, white florals and musk. I really love the scent and the texture is really different to anything I've tried. I've not fallen down the indie skincare/bath and body rabbit hole just yet so I haven't tried any whipped soaps which seem to be common with a lot of indie companies. I'll definitely be trying out more from this brand!


Hello Waffle
Highlight in The Mane Event
$9.10

This is probably my favourite item of the whole box. This pale pinky-silver highlighter with a blue/green shift is just stunning. It's quite intense and gives you an amazing glow! This shade is pretty unique, I haven't seen anything quite like it. From what I've tried of it so far, it seems that it's pretty long lasting. I tend to have trouble getting my highlighter to last all through the day, but this one I could still notice even after a whole day of work. You also get a lot of product. I'm not sure if it's full size or not but this container will last me for ages.
I do have one eye shadow from Hello Waffle and I honestly don't wear it that much. Not because I don't like it or think it's bad but the colour I picked is a little basic. I tend to reach for my more unique shades of loose shadow before a neutral brown.
The top swatch is a normal swatch and the bottom is blended out. Done over bare skin, no primer or glitter glue.




Poesie Perfume
Perfume Oil 1ml Sample in Unicorn Sky
$4.20
You also receive a free shipping code for orders over $60 at poesieperfume.com


I have always wanted to try Poesie perfumes! I hear such good things about them and had a small wish list of perfumes I wanted to buy. Unfortunately most of the ones I wanted have been discontinued which is obviously disappointed me!  So I was happy to have this little mini to try. Just like Kiss of a Unicorn its very sweet and feminine. The notes are pink bubblegum, peach, Stargazer lily, marshmallow musk and hyacinth. I don't like this scent as much as I do the other one but it's still a great scent and I will definitely wear it.


You also get some lollies in the box which I found really funny.


I would highly recommend this beauty box to everyone, especially to those who are looking to get into indie brands and try a range of products from new brands. Buying from individual indie companies can definitely get expensive, especially shipping to Australia, so it's nice to be able to try products from a variety of brands at once. It is quite expensive for a beauty box but it does include shipping from all of these brands over the world. Also you are supporting small businesses which makes the price worth it, in my opinion.
I love that you get a variety of different products from brands that I have always wanted to try and even a brand I haven't heard of. There's nothing in the box that has disappointed me or that I don't like or wouldn't use. I definitely plan on continuing my subscription and I look forward to trying the next box!




Comments

Popular Posts