The Makeup Aesthetic Tag!

This is a new tag created by my favourite beauty Youtuber Elle S! I absolutely adore her and her content so as soon as I saw she created a tag I knew I had to do it! Go check out her answers here. Now let's get into the questions!

1. How would you describe your personal aesthetic or style when it comes to makeup?
I guess I'm a weird mix of vintage pin up, goth and grunge! My favourite looks tend to include winged liner, dark smokey eyes, dark or unconventional lip colours and thick, natural brows. I don't really have one set style.
2. Who or what has influenced your stylistic choices?
I'm not sure I can really pin point exactly what has influenced me. I get a lot of inspiration from various instagram accounts and Youtubers but for the most part I try to do my own thing and not let others influence me too much.

3. What are some of your previous makeup phases?
I only got into makeup in the past few years so I haven't gone through any massive changes. When I first started wearing makeup in high school, I only wore foundation, mascara and lipstick. I had a huge lipstick collection and I wore everything from bright and dark reds to lavender purples. I also went through a stage very early in my makeup journey where I wore foundation way too dark and black unblended eye shadow. Do not judge me too harshly!
4. What combination of existing brands would make up your perfect brand?
My perfect brand would include the artistry, concepts and packaging of Kat Von D, the high volume of different shades and cheaper price of Colourpop, and the high quality and unique shades of My Pretty Zombie. My perfect brand would honestly just be full of unique colours and beautiful packaging. I'm also really big on themed collections. If I was to ever start my own brand, I would have collections based on everything from witch craft, Fleetwood Mac, Rocky Horror, Greek gods, snakes and so much more!

5. Name 5 products that define your makeup style right now

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills- Moonchild Glow Kit
  • Makeup Monsters- Wolfsbane Liquid Lipstick
  • Colourpop- Crybaby Creme Gel Liner 
  • Thebalm- Pinstripe Instain Blush
  • Detrivore Cosmetics- Dark of Hair and Heart Eyeshadow

6. What kind of style or aesthetic do you wish you could pull off?
I really wish I could go just full grunge or goth honestly! I take inspiration from those styles and basically do toned down versions but I'd love to just go full out. Similar to Elle, I also would love to get on board with the aesthetic of Glossier and Milk Makeup. Those brands are very effortlessly beautiful, all no-makeup makeup looks with naturally beautiful models. I don't think I'll ever be a Glossier girl!
7. What style are you over?
This is super boring and everyone says this but the whole full face instaglam looks with warm toned neutral eye looks, full coverage base, carved out brows, and a ton of highlighter. It's pretty and takes talent but I'm honestly just bored of it. I want to see more cool tones, I want to see more colour, I want different looks! Makeup is this fun creative thing but so much of what you see on Instagram and Youtube is the same looks over and over. It's just so boring!
8. Who are some of your favourite makeup artists?
I actually don't really follow or know many makeup artists since most aren't cruelty free. I do however like Lisa Elridge even though she's with L'oreal. I really love the girls from Kat Von D's Artistry Collective. They're all very talented and creative. They definitely inspire me!
9. Do you have any favourite editorial/avant-garde makeup looks?
So I do have one look that I love but I'm not sure if it counts here. It's definitely different! I do what I call the inverted look which includes a black smoky eye, white winged liner and lashes with a black lip. It's pretty hard to pull off and it's not a look I've ever done successfully but I just love the idea of it. I'll continue to practice and improve so hopefully I can make it a reality!
10. What is your favourite time period for makeup? Least favourite?
I definitely love the classic look of the 1950s and around that time. It's very clean and simple but high impact. On the opposite side of the spectrum I love 90s grunge with messy smokey eyes and dark lips if you couldn't already tell from my previous answers! My least favourite I guess is the late 90s, early 2000s. Everyone seemed to wear dark lip liner with light gloss over the top, frosty eyeshadow, super thin brows and too much bronzer. Not my style at all!

Comments

  1. Thanks for doing this tag, I'm so interested to know what people are made from, style-wise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts