March 2018: Monthly Favourites

March has been a pretty 'meh' month for me so I've decided to try and turn it around in April and that starts with a no buy! I started my no buy halfway through March and it will continue until the beginning of May. Because of this, I don't have that many new products but here is what I have been using through out the month and have been loving. 

Every product mentioned is not tested on animals and vegan!



Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask

I love what this mask does for my skin! I have combination/oily skin and am prone to breakouts and ever since using this mask my skin has really calmed down. I have been using it every second night for the past 2 months. My face looks a lot less red and feels so smooth afterwards. I think this will have a permanent spot in my skin care routine.


Kester Black Nail Polish
Shade: Original Detox

I'm terrible at doing my nails so excuse the bad application but I just love this colour! Kester Black is honestly my favourite brand for nail polish. I have quite weak, brittle nails that tend to either snap or peel so most polish only lasts a day before they start to chip. Kester Black actually lasts quite a few days for me! It's very easy to wear and is opaque in 2 coats. This colour is gorgeous and I highly recommend trying this brand for yourself!


Besame Cosmetics Brightening Vanilla Powder

Besame is one of those brands that I had heard such good things about and always wanted to try but never did. Well now I've finally gotten around to it! This powder is so soft and smooth and does wonders for colour correcting. I usually use it under my eyes to brighten and over my nose and acne prone areas to reduce redness. I like that it doesn't feel heavy or cake up.

Eye Of Horus Bio Lash Lift Mascara

This is my second tube of this mascara and I love it! I got my first tube in a Flora and Fauna subscription box and it has since become my favourite higher priced mascara. It makes my lashes look thicker and longer without clumping. It even looks really nice without curling my lashes which I've been way too lazy to do lately but I don't even need to with this mascara. The brush is a little strange and took some getting used to at first but now I'm completely converted.

100% Pure Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer
Shade: Cocoa Gem

This bronzer is relatively new to me but it was love at first sight. It's a very soft, very subtle style of bronzer which I personally love. I like to use this on days where I don't want a super strong cheek look as it gives just a lightly sun kissed look. This shade would only work on fair skin but they do have a deeper option. It also does not look orange at all which tends to be a problem with me.


Bonus: Favourite Book
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I finally got around to read this book in March! It's been on my to-read list for 3 years now and I'm so glad I finally read it. The Night Circus is about a magical competition between two magicians and that's all I'll say. Honestly, not a whole lot happens in this book plot wise. Of course there is a story but it mainly focuses on characters and world building. I was completely drawn in by the beautiful writing and aesthetic. I recommend reading it if you haven't already!

Comments

Popular Posts